I was just using one of my favorite guilty pleasures and wondered if anyone else out there is secretly a fan of something you might not ordinarily announce to the world that you like/use/enjoy 🙂
- The thing I was thinking of was…the pedi egg! I know. Yes, I did indeed fall for one of those “As Seen on TV” gimmicks, and you know what? I LOVE it! My poor little tootsies sometimes get such dry skin, I love being able to shave it all off with this ridiculous little invention!
- I secretly love when I can pick up a ridiculous bargain and no one is the wiser…one of my favorite catches was trying to find a particular style of levis. I am a girl with much wider hips than butt, and have for years had problems with a big gap that shows way more of my posterior than I would care for the world to see as a result. I had finally found a pair at Costco that fit so perfectly, I wanted another pair–but of course when I went back they didn’t have my size, and even worse, I found that they no longer make them. I scoured online and all over for what seemed like months and finally stumbled upon a pair on the clearance rack–and they were my size!! Not only were they my size, but they were a jaw dropping $3! Yup. 3 bucks for a pair of levis. Brings a smile to my face every time I slip them on.
- Kid’s dixie cup ice creams. Chocolate Sundae flavor. I even love eating them with the silly wooden spoon they come with. ‘Nuff said 😉
- My current go to snack these days are cheddar flavored rice cakes (I am avoiding gluten and this happily satisfies my salty/crunchy cravings). OK, you are thinking that’s not so bad. Well, the bad part is that I could easily, and HAVE eaten the entire bag in one sitting. I just can NOT stop chowing them down. Should I stop? Yeah, probably. But why should I? If this is one of the worser things I could be doing, I say more power to me!
- Finding the treasure first when I am geocaching with my family. For those of you who don’t know, geocaching is more or less a game of electronic hide and seek. You use an app on your smart phone and the GPS locator to guide you to secret stashes that are hidden in secret spots in the outdoors, literally, all over the world. It’s a great activity for families wanting to spend some time together soaking up the fresh air and doing something fun in the process. Anyway, being that it is hide and seek, the kids adore finding the caches. But you know what, I really do too! Especially when I find them first 🙂 Usually though, if I am the first to locate the treasure, I don’t always reveal where it is, but help the kids with: “You’re cold”, or “You’re Warm” or “You are so on fire!” so as not to take the fun out of it for my kids. But, it truly it gives me a fun little rush of adrenaline when I spy them first…is that so wrong?
What are some of your favorite guilty pleasures? I’d love to hear them–maybe I secretly have one of yours too!