It’s always good to have some old standbys in your pantry, and this relies on some staples that you might normally have on hand. It uses a can of black beans, deli ham and some bottled barbecue sauce to speed things up. This is a simple dish that’s great on the grill.
- 4 Boneless Chicken breasts–I like the individually frozen perfect portions, defrosted, they cook more evenly
- salt and pepper
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce-I like Jack Daniels
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 4 slices of deli ham
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat grill for about 10 minutes. Lower grill to medium heat. Place chicken breasts on the grill, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes, then flip to the other side, 10 minutes total. While chicken is cooking, heat black beans and barbecue sauce on the stove top. Remove from heat, stir in green onion and cilantro. When chicken is almost done, place one slice of ham, and about 2-3 tablespoons of black beans on each chicken breast. Sprinkle with cheese. Continue cooking until cheese is melted. Dig in!