- 1 pound of fresh asparagus, trimming the tough ends
- 2 tsp good quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon large crystal kosher salt (the crunchiness of the larger crystals work best)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon shredded parmesean
- 1 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Rinse and trim asparagus. Place on a broiler pan or cookie sheet, taking care not to overlap. Drizzle with olive oil. Gently rub your hand over the asparagus to coat all side with the oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for about 8 minutes–depending on how thick the asparagus is, you might need to cook a minute or two more or less depending on your taste. They will still be crisp tender if you cook them until they are bright green in color–the more olive in color, the less crispy they will be. Sprinkle with Parmesean cheese, heating just until cheese melts. Remove from oven and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!